I am Dr. Barbara, a historian
Aside from having studied history, having worked both in academia and the publishing world, this what shapes my work.
* I have photographic memory.
* I read really, really fast. A 700-page novel? I can read it in 8 hours.
* I read over 300 books per year (that’s for pleasure, not for work [Book EMOJI] ).
* Often, I can recite entire passages of letters or diaries long after a project has been submitted.
* I was raised by a history nerd father & a savvy librarian (hi, Mama!).
* My grandparents taught me how to decipher old, spidery handwriting by the age of 7.
* At age 16, I was one of the first students to request ‘internet lessons’ at my school. A group of 20 teens waited in front of 1 (!) computer until we were allowed to type 1 (!) question into Altavista or Fireball (millennials, these were the search engines before Google was invented).